Monday, October 11, 2010

alive

a few months ago, i got the first disc of the series "Six Feet Under" from netflix.  the disc only had 3 episodes on it.  after watching 20 minutes of the very first episode, i ordered the entire series (5 seasons) on amazon.  as soon as it arrived a week later, i watched all 5 seasons within a month.  i did not, however, watch the final episode.  i wasn't ready for it to end.  i knew once i watched that episode, it was over... and it had so quickly become such an intense part of my life when i really needed it, that i needed it to keep living.

today at work i realized that i needed to just watch it.  i needed to watch the finale and just deal with however it made me feel.  just now, as soon as the final credits rolled, i sent jamie a message letting her know that i had finally watched it.  when she asked if it crushed my soul, i answered; "yes.  it also made me want to live.  like it made me feel like i'm not really living."

so i ask of you, few and far between blog readers, for advice on how to feel like i'm really living.

---------------

also, jamie, i really hope you find your remote.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Thanks, Mag...I remember kicking it off my bed last night...


What I have learned from the television is that the important things are full of pain, intense revelation, and amazingly beautiful people. My problem is that I feel like I have learned and understand what makes life meaningful, but that usually involves going after what you want...I just don't really know what I want.

Sigh.

maggie hope said...

for now, i'm just going to try harder than ever before to only do things that make me happy. knowing me, as i'm sure is the same to some extent with all people, though, i doubt that sounds very safe. i also doubt that was a real sentence. time to start season 7 of will and grace.